[Osmf-talk] AGM and board elections

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Thu Nov 16 21:37:42 UTC 2017

On 11/9/2017 4:31 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
> On 11/9/2017 1:23 PM, Simon Poole wrote:
>>
>> Yes, but will they be standing for re-election?
>>
>> This is not just a flippant question. While Paul and Illya they are
>> not required to announce this in advance, in general incumbents will
>> get re-elected and some potential candidates might want to know what
>> they are up against (same issue last year btw).
>>

> I have not decided. Obviously, I will have decide one way or the other
> soon.

After several people have asked me to, I've decided to stand for
re-election. I'll be posting a manifesto with more details, but, aside
from the feedback I got, some of the main reasons were

- Diversity
- Only having two candidates
- Although I use OSM in my work, it's different than the other board
members. The companies who I contract with tend to be in different
areas, so my conflicts of interests tend to not be the ones that other
board members have.

Paul