[Osmf-talk] Directed Editing Policy

Nils Emil Larsen nils.larsen at posteo.de
Thu Nov 23 11:33:10 UTC 2017

Hallo Dan,

On 23.11.2017 11:58, Dan S wrote:
> I think the DWG has already got a strong enough signal that this is
> something that can be made clearer to the reader. I just want to
> emphasise that a legalistic reading of the document ("Both the what
> and how are necessary conditions here") is fine, but it doesn't quite
> capture the impression that a typical reader may receive.
I believe you are right that the draft can be made clearer. It is a
mistake, however, to think that it is sufficient to "send a strong
enough signal" to the volunteers in the Data Working Group. Yes, they
are unpaid volunteers with family, work and other free-time activities.
They are not servants of the members or of the community. It is much
much more likely that your wish for change will be respected if you
actually suggest a change (wording).

The board/DWG played to ball to us, the members. Now it is up to us what
happens with the draft. I assume there will be a vote on the AGM, but
the DWG can decide to change the draft before the vote. Now is a really
good time to suggest changes.

Regards, Nils