[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 13:08:40 UTC 2017

Hi Rob,

It's a difficult one because if you stand for one of these two vacancies
then you open your self up to challenge - essential for a functioning
democracy

Having read the email, I am going to agree with Pete on this one; this is
just bullying. There's no need to receive abuse in return for standing for
a position; this is different to receiving genuine questions.

Lets look at one point:

you have the totally newbie habit to upload every single building you trace
with your very favourite editor iD

Does this statement contribute to the Board election? Is there a preferred
editor for Board Members? Does your choice of OSM editor demonstrate your
organisational leadership qualities? Does your choice of OSM editor dictate
that you should be spoken to like a child?

I don't think this counts as "essential for a functioning democracy". If
this is the sort of thing candidates can expect, then I don't think we can
say the OSMF elections is functioning in any meaningful sense at all.

*All hail OSM users that have used a different piece of editing software;
they are truly the leaders we require.*

I won't go any further into the attacking email, as it's a low point in
communications for even this, occasionally dysfunctional list.

Cheers, Joseph