[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 23 13:52:39 UTC 2017

On Thursday 23 November 2017, Pete Masters wrote:

> My point is that the language Sev uses is disrespectful, personal and
> hurtful. That's not ok in my book.... Firstly, for Heather - no-one
> should have to read that. And secondly, because this hostility
> *discourages* debate and divides community.

Just to be clear on that - the writing of Severin would almost certainly
be considered to be covered by free speech laws - even in Germany for
example which is much more restrictive in that matter than for example
the US.

I am actually grateful for this statement of opinion by Severin - not
because i agree with it or because i find it particularly balanced or
informative but because it gives me an insight into viewpoints and
positions that are rarely communicated in this venue.  Having opinions
that evidently exist not present in discourse is what truly divides a
community in the end.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/