[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 23 14:42:42 UTC 2017

On Thursday 23 November 2017, Dan S wrote:

> Referring to free speech laws is irrelevant. No-one is claiming
> illegality. Such laws provide a baseline, and permit many things
> which should nevertheless be spoken out against.

You are free to consider it offensive or other things - that is
completely up to you and of course you are also completely free to
state that publicly.

But to me "no-one should have to read that" indicated something
different.

Everyone please keep in mind that dealing with what you consider
offensive or inappropriate is a significant part of what is commonly
called tolerance.  People with different cultural backgrounds have
different ways of expressing their opinions and views.  That we are
communicating here in English does not mean we are all express
ourselves according to British or American cultural conventions.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/