[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Nov 23 15:00:19 UTC 2017

Am 23.11.2017 um 15:38 schrieb Ben Abelshausen:
> I think this is completely unacceptable, whatever you may think of
> Heather, nobody deserves this kind of treatment.
>
> And Simon, it's Severin who forces us to talk about form and not
> content by bullying members who have the nerve to stand for election.
> He, sadly, has a history doing this and it's toxic.
>
> Nobody is saying we can't discuss a persons merits with relation to
> OSM, it's in fact crucial to the election process, but treating people
> like this is also detrimental to any functional community. If
> something like this is being defended by core members of this group I
> wonder more and more what kind of organization I'm part of.
Where did I defend it?

I actually pointed out that clearly that the wording leaves a lot to be
desired. As you point out  Severin is in the mean time well known for
his fairly aggressive critique of certain aspects of HOT Inc., but I
didn't see name calling, threats, use of force or any other behaviour in
the mail that would commonly be associated with bullying
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying) as Pete claims it was.

Impolite, unfriendly, over the top, personal and clearly unhappy, yes
sure. Bullying? No.

Should we limit discussion just to those that can deliver their opinions
in perfect form?

Simon