[Osmf-talk] Candidacy: OSMF Board

Dale Kunce dale.kunce at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:12:43 UTC 2017

Running for office doesn't mean being tollerant of unacceptable and mean
behavior. Especially behavior regardless of language and culture that is
not acceptable and does not treat others respectfully. His email would
violate many codes of conduct for other internet communities.

I agree with many others that have called out this behavior. I think it's
fair to question candidates, but speaking the way sev did is unacceptable
and unfortunately normal for Sev.

On Nov 23, 2017 6:45 AM, "Christoph Hormann" <chris_hormann at gmx.de> wrote:

On Thursday 23 November 2017, Dan S wrote:

> Referring to free speech laws is irrelevant. No-one is claiming
> illegality. Such laws provide a baseline, and permit many things
> which should nevertheless be spoken out against.

You are free to consider it offensive or other things - that is
completely up to you and of course you are also completely free to
state that publicly.

But to me "no-one should have to read that" indicated something
different.

Everyone please keep in mind that dealing with what you consider
offensive or inappropriate is a significant part of what is commonly
called tolerance.  People with different cultural backgrounds have
different ways of expressing their opinions and views.  That we are
communicating here in English does not mean we are all express
ourselves according to British or American cultural conventions.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/