[Osmf-talk] Standing for board election

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 11:42:08 UTC 2017

This is boring and sensible and not what we have come to expect from
candidates this time.

There is so much money riding on OSM these days that I wonder if we should
have some sort of remuneration for board members or at least some paid
staff.  It might attract a wider variety and make us a little more
independent of commercial interests but this would be a very big change for
the board and membership to consider.  It would also need to be thought
about.  I understand in the US nonprofits may not pay their directors but
certainly in Canada Cooperatives at least can and do.

Cheerio John