[Osmf-talk] Learning or testing or practicing data Layer

ajithkarunaratne ajithkarunaratne at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 12:34:35 UTC 2017

Dear all,
This is my fisrt writing to the forum. Perhaps I don't know whether this is the right place or right time for my suggestion. So, excuse me for that and my language too.
I have been evolved from the community and I am not belong to any organized group or my job is not related to the mapping either. My OSM UID is "ajithkarunaratne". I have just paased the 1 million node count threshold recently and have participated in 3  Mapathons and 1 knowledge sharing session with HOT Osm people as resource person. Further more, I always try to spread the message of OSM to the new people at my work place and among friends too. Having some experiences in early stage of my own learning curve and problems arised at Mapathons with newbies, I strongly feel the necessity of an additional  Learning/Testing/Practing layer where data is not stored for a long time and supported with an ideal satellite image portion.
If you all feel this is a stupid idea, just forget it and excuse me. Thanks
Cheers
Ajith Karunaratne from Sri Lanka
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.