[Osmf-talk] Paying Board/WG was: Standing for board election

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Nov 26 19:56:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 11/26/2017 07:58 PM, martijn at osmfoundation.org wrote:
> This is an important discussion to have and I am glad to see a lot of
> opinions emerging (again).

It is a bit unfortunate that such opinions seem to emerge around board
elections and then bury their heads again for a year. It would be great
to have a healthy, year-round discourse about these issues with at least
the OSMF membership if not the wider community, instead of yearly
outbursts. This seems to indicate that our members think they only thing
they can do is elect the board and afterwards they need to be silent and
hope they backed the right horse. Nothing could be further from the
truth - members can and should follow what their board is doing, and
offer advice or criticism when called for. Perhaps we can encourage that
more.

Bye
Frederik