[Osmf-talk] Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team at the OSM Foundation in 2017

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:00:05 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Dear Heather, thanks for your email.
You are correct, as an OSMF member you have the right to run for the Board,
that's obviously not the point of my email.
I am cognizant of your willingness to support the OSM project in your own
way but for a principled position of maximizing the diversity of OSM
perspectives represented at the OSMF Board and considering that the HOT US
Inc "OSM way" is already represented in this insitutional body by Kate
Chapman and Mikel Maron, I am questioning the relevance of your candidacy
and stress the risks it entails for OSMF.
Since there are other pathways for you to support the OSM project at the
OSMF than just the Board like the Working Groups where your skills can be
very useful and help you getting better acquainted with OSMF as an
organization, I spoke in favor of the other candidates who are representing
other OSM perspectives that would make the OSMF Board more diverse.

Wishing you all an excellent day,
Best
Nicolas

Mobile (Bénin): +22962 55 85 91