[Osmf-talk] Gender in OSM/OSMF

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:16:51 UTC 2017

Hello Erwin,

Talking about the topic openly is important and this is the whole point of
that email thread.
But you have to understand that not everything is happy to talk about
things openly when they have been confronted by such a problem in the past.
That's why you want to keep the debate open in both case: openly and more
privately.
This is not about creating a secret club of OSM female contributors bent on
taking over the world of OpenStreetMap. This is about being able to discuss
something more privately for the people who are less comfortable about it
publicly.
Anyway, it is important to have a vigorous talk about it and I really want
to thank you for your contribution too. This is not about blaming one side
or another, it is more about comfort level for some people (whether male or
female actually).