[Osmf-talk] Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team at the OSM Foundation in 2017

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 23:23:26 UTC 2017

Hello John,

The turnover rate of mappers is a bit of a strawman argument here. If I
were a betting person, I would probably bet that the distribution ratio for
"short term" contributors is about the same as long term contributors.
I consider having some experience in mapping to be important obviously. I
guess it is just a matter of voting ultimately. Candidates who don't
correspond to the people idea of what a board member will not be elected. I
guess this is how election works.
Representation is more about getting people excited about participating and
some attitude may make hard for some people to feel like they can present
themselves, skewing the representation towards more assertive individuals.
It is really more sometimes about implicit biases than straight
discrimination.