[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Mon Oct 2 15:41:21 UTC 2017

On Monday 02 October 2017, Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski wrote:

> I am not a bot, and you can communicate with me as with usual mapper
> - I'm mapping myself and handling all the discussions as usual. But
> such a questionnaire as in the discussion makes me feel like I am
> doing something bad editing the map in my work time.

So you say despite nothing indicating that the DWG plans a future policy
to in any way regulate what you are doing it makes you feel you are
doing something bad and therefore the survey is biased?

To me it seems that if your assessment of the survey is exclusively
based on how you feel about your mapping activities and you cannot
point to any question or formulation in the survey that suggests to the
reader to answer in a certain way you are not really talking about the
survey but about your expectations or fears how a future policy might
look like unrelated to the survey.

I do not see anything in the survey that communicates a certain desired
outcome.  I would go even further to say that since the survey is
relatively general and vague and lacks more specific questions which
would require assumptions that could be construed as biased it will
likely only be of relatively little help in actually making concrete
decisions about a policy.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/