[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 2 19:14:33 UTC 2017

It does not matter, satellite or aerial orthorectified imagery. Both
methods of acquisition could be automated. But digitizing this imagery
cannot be automated. At least not at the current level of technology.

The "organised mapping (unpaid)" is not vulnerable to delocalisation
since it is done in local schools, universities, etc. But the "organised
mapping (paid)" is vulnerable to delocalisation, as I wrote in my
with low cost of living and consequently lower expenses (salaries).

When something has got an economic sense it may start to happen. For
example, the massive phenomena of gold farming [1] in early 2000s.

So my point is that the "organised mapping (unpaid)" and "organised
mapping (paid)" are not exactly identical in this respect.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming

brgds
O.