[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Oct 3 00:11:38 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 02.10.2017 19:48, Stefan Keller wrote:
> Frederik asked to express what I meant by bias. But since the survey
> is closed (for me) it's difficult to cite the questions. So let me try
> to exemplify like this: An unbiased survey about the pros and cons of
> something (organized mapping in this case) would be like this +1, 0,
> -1, therefore having an affirmative, a neutral and a declining
> statement. A biased survey would ask questions like this 0, -1, -2.

As Christoph already said, this is difficult to follow. We're talking
about a policy regulating organised editing. The minimum we can have is
"no policy", meaning that people doing organised editing are bound by
the exact same rules as everyone else. In hypothetical survey question
this wold mean:

0 - same as everyone else
1 - a little more regulation
2 - much more regulation

The option "-1" - "people doing organised editing should be bound to
*less* rules than normal mappers" - is not on the table, and if we *had*
added such a reply option it would surely have been perceived as a joke!

Bye
Frederik