[Osmf-talk] DWG survey on organized editing

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 22:32:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

I just completed the survey and found that these questions are
slightly biased against paid and organized editing. And what I missed
most was a final remark in free text.

IMHO there's nothing really fundamentally wrong with paid or organized
editing, unless it's share grows substantially, since it's AFAIK not
"damaging" more than first time mappers.

I'm sometimes organizing mapping parties and instructing interns to do
targeted mapping. For these activities, they usually disclaim that
they're doing aka mandated work just by using comments or
hashtags.That's something which could be a simple requirement also for
paid mapping.

:Stefan

P.S. To me, there's for example much more evidence that SEO or plain
self-advertisement gets problematic in near future - which is showing
up typically just as wrong edits. I expect that a policy for paid and
organized editing won't prevent that.