[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] ODbL text

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Apr 9 06:02:56 UTC 2018

Am 09.04.2018 um 00:30 schrieb Michael Kugelmann:
> On 08.04.2018 at 14:12 Simon Poole wrote:
>> PS: that doesn't mean that having our own clean copy as a backup
>> wouldn't be a good idea,
> I very much encourage the OSMF to host a copy of the license as the
> OSMF distributes their data (=> the raw OSM data)  using this license.
> This could be clearly marked as a copy with reference to the original
> one.
>
>> but IMHO the pointer to archive.org is probably the best of all bad
>> solutions right now.
> Is there a way to support open data commons / OKF with their problems
> (or maybe even make a *friendly* push to get their problems sorted out)?

If it wasn't clear the issue was already reported quite a while back and
then again by me, they eventually woke up to the issue yesterday and
have since fixed it.

As to keeping our own copy, while that gives some redundancy, to make it
useful we would need to fix all the links out there and short term I
don't see anybody having time, and in the end we would -still- need the
ODC link to work for all documents that we can't retroactively change.

Simon