[Osmf-talk] Board meeting/closed session

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 20 18:38:42 UTC 2018

On Friday 20 April 2018, Mikel Maron wrote:
> > The lack of clear procedure and transparency requirements in that
> > context in the OSMF looks frightening  to me, in particular in
> > terms of reputational risks this creates.
>
> This is overkill and out of touch Christoph, creating a mountain out
> of a molehill.

It is clear that we have very different views on this matter.  I can
respect that you regard the issues i see as non-issues and think the
concerns i raise are without basis.  I am also always trying to be open
to the possibility that i am wrong and the issues i see do not actually
exist for real and i try to look for arguments that might convince me
of that (which you however have not contributed to here).

Although i cannot and do not expect all of this from you as well i do
expect you to accept that i (and possibly others) see issues you don't
see, have perception for matters you might not be able to realize,
without attempting to ridicule them.  We are a global, multi-cultural
community and fundamental differences in views and perspectives are not
an exception but the norm.

In fact what i find most worrying in this case it that you seem to
reject an open discussion of the matter, a discussion that does not
categorically deny the existence of serious problems regarding
conflicts of interest and that does, like Peda hinted, try to evaluate
the spectrum of views and opinions on the matter without prejudice.

> [...] I would have suggested this closed
> session up front. As is, there is no process issue in making such a
> request during a meeting, and I don't see the problem.

For clarification: Does this mean that the current procedure is that the
meeting will be closed on any request to do so by a single board
member?

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/