[Osmf-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Dec 11 10:18:58 UTC 2018

Hi fellow members,

I am curious what candidates to the board think about this decision. I
know there was the existing questions, but this is a new topic which
came up recently. But if you're a candidate for the board, and you have
an opinion on this, I'd like to hear, and I'm sure other members would
too. How would you vote if you were on the board now? What
do you think? Please don't be afraid to say something publicly (here,
the wiki, user diaries, etc).

Rory

On 10/12/2018 17:55, Martijn van Exel wrote:> Hi all,

 > On November 17, the OSMF Board of Directors received a request to
review the Nov 14, 2018 Data Working Group decision regarding Crimea.

 > The Board decided that this decision is to be reversed and the
previous situation, as laid out in the May 5, 2014 Data Working Group
minutes, is to further remain in effect.

 > The board highly values the Data Working Group’s work and appreciates
the difficulty and complexity of the cases they are asked to review on
an ongoing basis.