[Osmf-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 11 11:05:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 11.12.2018 11:30, Dan Stowell wrote:
> But I think this year's approach, of fixing the
> candidate questions in advance, and presenting them all together, is a
> much fairer way of doing things, and so I'd much prefer it if we do
> not wander off into miscellaneously-organised threads. For fairness to
> the candidates, let's focus on the official Q&A.

Stifling free discussion between members (and candidates who are also
members) has never been the intention of this year's process, as echoed
in Michael Collinson's initial email:

"2) I make it an important condition of taking this on that there will
be no attempt to stop any other form of communication between OSMF
members and candidates, as long as it is understood that it is voluntary
by the candidates."

Bye
Frederik