[Osmf-talk] Board decision on Crimea complaint

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 13:04:34 UTC 2018

 Yeah it will be interesting to see what the board has to say about this in more detail. I think on the whole I'm glad the decision has gone this way. In my mind the case of Crimea has hung in the balance with very strong arguments in favour of both approaches.
I have great respect for the way DWG have handled things. Basically it seems they treated Crimea "with kid gloves" (as Stereo puts it) for a few years, and more recently tried to transition towards better alignment with our policies. So (as with other crap they have to deal with) it's a shame they've born the brunt of various attacks about this.
I would hope the board's decision is not, and should not be interpreted as, a rebuking of DWG, but rather it desire to work with DWG to reanalyse this and make adjustments to our policy to better match this kind of scenario. No need to be up-in-arms about anything here.
...but I'm putting words in other people's mouths. Let's wait and see what the board has to say (and yeah give them some time. We're all volunteers)
Harry Wood