[Osmf-talk] Candidate's views? Re: Board decision on Crimea complaint

Manfred A. Reiter ma.reiter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 13:45:41 UTC 2018

Am Di., 11. Dez. 2018 um 11:52 Uhr schrieb Guillaume Rischard <
openstreetmap at stereo.lu>:

> Hi Rory and fellow members,
>
> I am a candidate in the board election, and have underlined in my
> manifesto how important it is that decisions like this are taken
> transparently. The detailed reasoning behind this decision must be
> published without delay.

+1

[...]

> However, the on-the-ground rule is one of the very core values that we
> have built OSM and the OSMF on.

+1

> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Mission_Statement says that OSM
> favours objective ‘Ground Truth’ over all other sources. The ‘Scope of the
> OSMF’ section says that it does not decide what to map or how to map.

[...]

The decision of the DWG was absolutely correct according to the rules that
OSM imposed on itself.

I think the board here is opening Pandora's box. It will certainly be
interesting to see how all the controversial areas will be judged from now
on.

cheers
--
## Manfred Reiter