[Osmf-talk] 2018 a third episode of entryism by HOT US Inc at OSMF Board after 2015 and 2017: call 4 action (candidates/members) for a balanced OSMF Board

Christine Karch christine at hermione.de
Wed Dec 12 11:00:47 UTC 2018

Am 12.12.18 um 09:25 schrieb Eugene Alvin Villar:
> Unless you have actual evidence to the contrary, your email, despite
> your disclaimer in the last paragraph, seems to me to be an unfounded
> accusation that HOT is aiming to influence OSMF by directing its voting

I don't think that it is necessary to presume such motivation. We all
and always demand diversity as we want a diverse map. So we also want
diverse board members. This has also some practical reasons. Within the
decision process of the board those with "conflict of interest" are
advised not to participate. I think that every board member (and
everybody at all) has his/her special "conflict of interest". We need in
all situations a board that is capable to act. This can be solved by
having board members from various organizations and with various interests.