[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's Report for the 2018 AGM

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 12 11:29:32 UTC 2018

On 12/12/2018 10:57, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> On 12.12.2018 10:51, Andy Allan wrote:
>
>> The other large balances we hold are with Barclays. Admittedly a much
>> smaller risk that losing access to PayPal, it's worth noting that only
>> the first £85,000 GBP is covered by the FSCS guarantee. Is this a
>> concern to the OSMF?
>
> It's not something that we have ever thought about. Is the FSCS
> guarantee even valid for non-natural persons?

Not generally, no. The conditions say:

   "You’re a private individual (although some businesses and charities
    may be eligible, depending on the type of claim)."

   from https://www.fscs.org.uk/your-claim/eligibility-rules/

I haven't managed to find details of the exceptions yet...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/