[Osmf-talk] Board members with similar background (was: 2018 a third episode...)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 21:52:39 UTC 2018

On Thursday 13 December 2018, Mikel Maron wrote:
> [...] But
> I had every right to discuss it. I did not vote at all on this issue
> or any part of the process.

Yes, right - we all could witness how it looks like when you discuss
something while staying out of the decision making process.

> Again,
> we need to work to resolve misunderstandings like this, [...]

The way you can productively contribute to this is to acknowledge that
others largely perceive the reality very differently than you do and
that their perception is not any less valid than yours.

You have at least half a dozen people in this thread - and many more in
the wider discussion beyond that - who perceive business and
organizational involvement in the OSMF very differently - and that
includes both pure hobbyists and people with an own business
involvement.  You can either try to ignore that (but then you can't
have a working communication with any of these people on the matter -
let alone resolving misunderstandings) or you can accept and
acknowledge their different perception, listen and learn - and argue
without taking your own perception as granted.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/