[Osmf-talk] Treasurer's Report for the 2018 AGM

Ivo Stankov ivo at e-stankov.com
Thu Dec 13 22:14:08 UTC 2018

On 12.12.18 г. 11:23 ч., Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Now you're saying "never wait for an opportunity - sell right away" and
> that's a valid strategy (that takes a lot of responsibility away from
> the treasurer and makes life easier for them). Following this strategy
> blindly would have meant that we'd have made £20k or £30k less from the
> Pineapple donation. But by removing the treasurer's (or their aides')
> judgement from the equation it would also remove potential blame if
> something goes wrong.

This is exactly my motivation: the treasurer should not have to carry
the burden of timing the (insanely volatile) market right.

I really do believe that a rule should be established. It does not even
matter what exactly, it could be even keeping a minimum of BTC and
selling the rest...

"Sell BTC right away, as soon as it exceeds a threshold of 1000 EUR
equivalent." should be a practicable one in my opinion.

If you need to spend BTC, you can always buy some for the purpose.

Best,
Ivo