[Osmf-talk] Board members with similar background (was: 2018 a third episode...)

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:11:47 UTC 2018

That’s totally fair Christine. I didn’t have to go that far and say that. Nicolas I apologize.
I do think we need moderation on this list, and if we did, I would definitely accept whatever the moderator felt relevant (warning, 1 day block from posting, etc)
Diversity of the Board is a universal concern, mine too. Being involved in HOT is a strong sign of embracing and working for diversity in OSM. Miriam is doing amazing work organizing in Mexico, across Latin America, and with women. Geoffrey has direct experience of mapping in Africa in both easy and very challenging contexts, helped organized SotM Africa, and is bringing together mappers from across the continent. OSM has a lot to learn from them, and if diversity of geography, language and gender in OSM is something you value, they are extremely qualified Board candidates to help us move.

Mikel

On Friday, December 14, 2018, 7:35 AM, Christine Karch <christine at hermione.de> wrote:

Am 14.12.18 um 13:22 schrieb Mikel Maron:
> I don’t. I think Nicolas is still bitter about being fired. And I think

As we all see, the need of diversity within the board is a general
concern of the community. It is not necessary to attack Nicolas personally.