[Osmf-talk] 2018 a third episode of entryism by HOT US Inc at OSMF Board after 2015 and 2017: call 4 action (candidates/members) for a balanced OSMF Board

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:14:31 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

You didn't ask me :) But you had some good examples, and this comes up
every year. For me it's:

Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) does humanitarian OpenStreetMap
activities. Other organisations also undertake humanitarian OpenStreetMap
activities without being part of HOT.

In short the differences are the capitalisation of humanitarian, and the
word "Team". "HOT" is an abbreviation of Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team,
not of Humanitarian OpenStreetMap (HOT's final T is in the wrong place for
a start..)

Plenty of people play football in the UK, for example, without being
members of Chelsea Football Club: HOT is one team doing humanitarian
OpenStreetMap, just as other Football Clubs exist.

Cheers, Joseph