[Osmf-talk] Election procedure (was: Re: Elections 2018)

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Sun Dec 16 12:20:32 UTC 2018

On Sunday 16 December 2018, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I have my own thoughts about the Crimea issue and how it was handled,
> but frankly I view this and and the election happening on different
> timelines. I don't think the board should stop working just because
> an election is under way, or refrain from publishing the result of a
> decision because of an election.

Well - the need for making and publishing the decision during that time
frame is something i cannot really comment on without knowing the
board's reasoning behind the decision.

But if - for the sake of argument - i assume there was a justified need
to make and publish the decision quickly before the elections (which i
don't see) the sensible thing to do would have been to indicate in the
announcement that you are aware of the problematic timing and to
apologize to the candidates for the interference.  Since this did not
happen i can only assume you were unaware of the problem of the timing.
This - the lack of sensitivity for the effect of your actions on the
election process - is my main point of critique here.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/