[Osmf-talk] Remarks and question regarding board meeting minutes and circulars

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Mon Dec 17 23:27:58 UTC 2018

What is so amazing? That it is difficult to get sponsorship money to local
communities and there was a request for the OSMF to help? To me, it seems
like one of the main reasons the OSMF exists to support local communities.

My understanding of the reason the votes for the split was less about it
being a good/bad idea rather than wanted a more defined process before
voting.

Regarding the Advisory Board finding out first, they were the ones who
asked for it. It was also noted in the minutes. Yes, we probably should
have posted on OSMF-talk, I think that was simply an oversight.

Related to the conflict of interest, to me that isn't any different than
the Conflict of Interest related to the Organized Editing Policy. Only
Mikel and Martijn did not vote in that case because they worked for
companies with organized editing teams. In this case, nobody was making use
of the option being voted on.