[Osmf-talk] Why not an OSMF Tasking Manager ? + TM technical limits and potential resolution

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:14:58 UTC 2018

My thoughts would be to come up with a set of requirements.  TM2 did
somethings better than TM3.  It might be possible to dig them out of git
hub and the TM3 instance.  Only when the requirements are defined and
agreed on should any work be undertaken with TM.

I don't know if TM is open source but JOSM and its plugins are
indicative that there is a lot of programming expertise lying around OSM
that could be tapped and it would be programming expertise with
experience in OpenStreetMap.

When I ran a team of programmers often I found that the ones who
understood the subject matter well produced the most useful code as far
as the clients were concerned.  The ones with computer science
backgrounds might be able to write efficient sort routines but were less
useful in understanding client requirements.

Cheerio John

severin.menard wrote on 2018-12-21 5:57 PM:
> ProtonMail
>
> Secure email based in Switzerland
>
> You have received a secure message from
>
> severin.menard at protonmail.com <mailto:severin.menard at protonmail.com>
>
> I'm using ProtonMail to send and receive secure emails. Click the link
> below to decrypt and view my message.
>
> ProtonMailView Secure Message
> <https://mail.protonmail.com/eo/jup9rQTLk_Fm56vD1vZoVILs1K-oN7h-B9BbEVMh6DKnJLjjrzTyVgmn5KfQGYHCJblrxMTIFPyuBZQdXIFoKg==>
>
> /?/What is this?
> <https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/secure-messages/>
>
> /Password Hint:/
>
> *None*
>
> /Expiration:/
>
> *2019-01-18 22:57:38 GMT* (673 hours after this message was sent)
>
> This message was secured by ProtonMail. ProtonMail uses end-to-end
> encryption to secure private communications. To send your own secure
> messages, visit https://protonmail.com

Sent from Postbox