[Osmf-talk] Wrap-up email about an OSMF Tasking Manager Was:Re: Why not an OSMF Tasking Manager ?

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Dec 23 12:51:42 UTC 2018

Augustin, while I can see the reasoning behind your proposal (and have
run an instance of the HOT tasking myself for many years, possibly as
one of the first to do so). I don't quite see the qualitative
improvement vs. independent instances if the OSMF would run simply yet
another one (note on the side: anybody is free to use the instance at
http://tasks.osm.ch/ ).

On the other hand having such functionality integrated (fsvo) in the
rails-port (the OSM website) directly at the "finger tips" of and easily
discoverable and shareable by OSM contributors could make a substantial
difference.

However such a project would be quite substantial (in more than one
aspect) and at least the EWG hasn't been very enthusiastic about the
idea the times I've proposed it.

Simon