[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] "The Future of Free and Open-Source Maps" Slashdot.org , Saturday February 17, 2018

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Tue Feb 20 14:28:37 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 20 February 2018, joost schouppe wrote:
> This discussion shows once again how great we are at generating smart
> ideas. That definitely is not our problem. But all ideas are equal
> and will only get executed if the one who posited them executes them.
> As the project becomes more complex, that means you can either play
> in a corner by yourself, or try to effect change as an individual. It
> also means power to the devs and the time-rich, not to the community
> at large. None of which is optimal.

Note this is a subject i have been asking about in context of the last
board elections:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/AGM17/Election_to_Board#Role_of_OSMF_in_community_projects

The specific questions asked there (which unfortunately were mostly not
really answered by the candidates back then) still seem very relevant
and i think developing and clearly communicating an opinion in these
questions is essential to a productive discussion on the subject.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/