[Osmf-talk] OSM and open data global aerial/sat images

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 08:53:20 UTC 2018

> Creating digital vector map from imagery (or from any other sources) is
> obviously much more than mechanical extracting/documenting facts, there are
> a lot of subjective and creative decisions involved: what features to map,
> where to map, which tags to use and add, what should be shape of the
> feature (where exactly put nodes), ....

yes, sure, I fully agree with you, but that's not the question here. The
question is how much creativity / invention is in an orthorectified aerial
image --- IMHO very few (there's some, e.g. the decision how to treat and
optimize the color bands, from the raw data to the final product).

Cheers,
Martin