[Osmf-talk] Draft Terms of use for the OSM website, API and other services

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Jul 29 06:08:05 UTC 2018

Hi all

Thanks to work by Kathleen Lu we have a draft Terms of Use document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xtPjrTj09vQLloKmzyf-H-5mKtqh-vbPjsxE-5YRF5g/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xtPjrTj09vQLloKmzyf-H-5mKtqh-vbPjsxE-5YRF5g/edit?usp=sharing>

This is a first for OSM given that we've never really spelled out
anything with respect to using the API and website up to now, outside of
the more technical aspects in the acceptable use documents.

The main motivation for this is driven by the GDPR related changes (not
trying to identify users, restrictions on use by minors and so on), but
there are certain rules that we should have probably been explicit about
all along too. We expect that all access to the website, API and other
services will be contingent on having agreed to the terms.

Comments are welcome, best per mail or specific comments on the document.

Simon