[Osmf-talk] Release - OpenLitterMap.com Paper now Published Online [ OPEN ACCESS ]

Seán Lynch seanlynch at umail.ucc.ie
Wed Jun 13 13:17:30 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I thought some of you might be interested to know that my paper is now
online

Lynch, S., (2018).,* OpenLitterMap.com <http://openlittermap.com/> - Open
Data on Plastic Pollution with Blockchain Rewards (Littercoin)*., *Open
Geospatial Data, Software, and Standards., *3:6.

*https://rdcu.be/Vv0B
<http://em.rdcu.be/wf/click?upn=lMZy1lernSJ7apc5DgYM8UrpYmO1MAJW0mCTv76ZNRA-3D_Zfu-2Fuot1GGjVQnv9RytneiDUSlwznEm7frmSYx6mxR4Ork8u8ZRVG-2Fw022U6fmdaOXlZbDRKL-2Bh9xCdHVpZnY2QkNQvmaabGvw732gcfC9z-2BN0Jirz-2BG9p6I2DHC9xxVah9d6Wacc5ngEU98juRzYGsBmjn0qOn6UxancriNV-2Bi43-2BHMLCojvTKQ5z-2BxRq-2ByvEuOBg-2FVIdn99l4b02-2BY-2BQl2cFcUwXyW3TRqyN3lADdzjZ82udrJoREuYA9Po19qWBD4Yy0HMcLb6HdxVIzX-2BA-3D-3D>*

I'm always looking to chat and hear from valuable feedback and opinions. I
am also interested in setting up the "OpenLitterMap Foundation" which would
not be unlike the OSMF.

If you would like to download openlittermap data for a country, state, or
city, simply visit-
openlittermap.com/maps/Ireland/download
openlittermap.com/maps/Australia/NSW/download
openlittermap.com/maps/UK/England/London/download

Notice that the OSM address value is included at the location of each
photo. When users upload photos, the OSM address information at that
location is used to populate the list of locations on OpenLitterMap
dynamically. To incentivize early adoption, this process is redeemable in
Littercoin - a blockchain reward applying "proof of work" principles to
citizen science. I am currently dependent on crowdfunding but I have
applied for several grants. Unfortunately the PineappleFund did not think
my research was worth supporting, but maybe society, NatGeo or the EU might
? If anyone can sign up and support, or point out any other potential
grants, that would be extremely appreciated.

I have also launched a slack channel which you are all welcome to join.
Please send me an email and I will send you an invite to the chat.

Cheers,

Seán

--
https://openlittermap.com @OpenLitterMap (Fb, Tw, Ig)
M.Sc. Coastal & Marine Environments (NUIG, 2015)