[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

nebulon42 nebulon42 at mailbox.org
Thu Nov 1 20:03:13 UTC 2018

I think asking your fellow board members e.g. Mikel, Martijn and Paul
who have worked or work for companies involved in OSM might give you
first-hand answers, if they would have any and would tell you.

I think "suggestions" from employers have a smell and should be avoided
since you are in a dependent relationship to your employer and are more
likely to follow the suggestion.

I have nothing against encouraging people to become OSMF members, but
paying their fee is wrong even more so because of the dependent
relationship (see above) and there should be a rule that forbids this.

I tend to suggest to sanction such a foul by suspending the advisory
board seat if the company is a corporate member. But this brings other
troubles and the OSMF needs the money etc.

Best,
Michael