[Osmf-talk] AGM and this year's election process

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Nov 8 17:11:50 UTC 2018

On 2018-11-06 10:19, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Which of course raises the question who the facilitator will be and how
> he/she will be selected?
>
> If the facilitator has the right to drop questions in this process i
> would also like to know what sort of transparency rules and supervision
> are put into place there.
>
> I would not be comfortable participating in such a questioning process
> if such aspects are not clear.

Subject to the discretion of the board, I will be the facilitator. For
the those that do not know me, I was active 2006-2014ish as a board
member, board secretary, SOTM and chair of the License Working Group
with (I hope!) a reputation for consensus-seeking. More recently, I have
acted as an election observer for HOT and OSM US.  Active mapper from
2005 til now.

Yep, I am a bit nervous about filtering questions. There are two
important checks: 1) The original list of questions [1] will not be
altered or expunged; 2) I make it an important condition of taking this
on that there will be no attempt to stop any other form of communication
between OSMF members and candidates, as long as it is understood that it
is voluntary by the candidates.

This is an experiment. My goal is to come up with a list that candidates
can answer specifically and generally without overwhelming them, (the
more candidates we have, the better), nor my fellow members - many of
whom are not native english-speakers. Let us see how it goes.

I speak for myself and not the board.

Michael

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Foundation/AGM18/Election_to_Board#Questions_to_OSMF_board_candidates