[Osmf-talk] Voting "recommendations" by employers (straw poll)

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Mon Nov 12 21:20:35 UTC 2018

Why not both?

On 12.11.18 00:13, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I, on the other hand, trust people more and business entities less.

I am no fan of business, their private profit motive, and financial
power, so I like rules about their involvement. But I also suppose CoCs,
because lots of people aren't that nice.

Trusting people is nice. I do like, and trust, nearly everyone I've met
in OSM. But to think that everyone in the world is trusting and nice is
easy if you're a cis het white/ethnic majority able-bodied man.

Homophobia is more common that you might think. Angela Merkel voted
against same sex marriage, the Polish president says he'd support bans
on "homosexual proaganda". Transphobia is rampant, with newspapers like
The Guardian continuing to attack trans people. All of these would break
most CoC.

I'm sure women have lots to say about sexism, and people from
racial/ethnic minorities. And so on.

--
Rory, who will keep banging that drum

Some sources: