[Osmf-talk] Membership fee waiver

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:01:40 UTC 2018

Thanks Mikel and Steve,

It's good to hear that there's a process in place for fee waiver and that
mappers submitting a request can be re-imbursed shall their claim has some
ground and it's equally good to hear that time extension for registration
will be discussed.
Aside of fee waiver for cost additional to Paypal, we may consider to base
the yearly 15£ OSMF membership to the cost of living for those of us living
in "Developing" or "Least Developed" countries where this amount weight is
way more than in the "Developed" world.
Similarly a "social" rate for not rich folks from "Developed" countries
could be also discussed.

Outside of a couple of days extension of the deadline for registration as
an OSMF member in the position of being eligible for vote at our next Board
election, I fear given low internet access and web presence, that this will
have a very limited effect for mappers of the "South". Unfortunately, the
same goes for non Paypal extra fees only reimbursement mechanism.

Best,
Nicolas