[Osmf-talk] Membership fee waiver

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 23:05:58 UTC 2018

>What's taken so long is a lack of people stepping forward to help.

Hi Paul,

Can you please explain what help is needed as I am struggling to
understand. I have experience of the membership system (civicrm) used by
OSMF: (1) because I used it when helping SotM, and (2) because I set a
civicrm up for the OSM UK local chapter.

For the waiver program:
Within civicrm you can bulk add members by importing a spreadsheet. This
could be a monthly task to keep workload to a minimum.

For fee paying members:
In civicrm it is now possible to allow members to select automatic renewal.
We did this on the OSM UK local chapter and it's great. No chasing people
to renew as civicrm and PayPal sort it automatic. Members can cancel the
renewal anytime by logging in to their PayPal account.

I hope this helps :-)

Thank you,
Rob