[Osmf-talk] OSMF Membership criteria Re: Board decision on recent OSMF membership registrations

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Nov 27 07:34:54 UTC 2018

I think the OSMF Articles of Association require that anyone who turns
up (& pays) can be a member (with the board getting one shot to reject
them). So, yes that does represent the (legal?) reality of the OSMF.

As well as coming up with a policy, we'd need (I think) a resolution
& a vote, to put in these rules.

HOT doesn't have this sort of rule, and requires existing members to
vote you in as a "voting member". Some in OSM call this undemocratic,
but I think there's some advantages to this, since the current open
approach (IMO) is too vulnerable to mass sign-ups.