[Osmf-talk] Welcome Mat for Organizations

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Nov 28 14:55:27 UTC 2018

On 28/11/2018 14:26, Mikel Maron wrote:
>  > https://welcome.openstreetmap.org/about-osm-community/consumers/
>
> "Of course, like everything in OpenStreetMap, it's a work in progress,
> and will continue to improve at
> https://github.com/osmfoundation/welcome-mat"
>
> There's been a lot of ideas floated about this page
> https://github.com/osmfoundation/welcome-mat/issues/13. The issue is
> clsoed because we got enough done for launch, but it can reopen with
> specific work done. Ultimately we need work put in and Pull Requests to
> consider to make this page better.

It did occur to me earlier that the repo should really be under
openstreetmap rather than osmfoundation? I can move it if you like.

>> further maintainance and improvement of this to the CWG
>
> It's not a topic which has come up yet, as we were just focused on
> publishing the site. It made sense for the Advisory Board to take the
> lead to launch it, since they have the experience to know what they wish
> they had known before. And the CWG has quite a lot on its plate already.
> Certainly makes sense for the Advisory Board and CWG to discuss future
> maintenance.

Isn't the advisory board's role to advise? I didn't realise they
were going to actively produce things. Certainly when you asked
to link to this from the web site I had no idea it was a product of
the advisory board although it did seem a bit corporate/humanitarian
centred.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)