[Osmf-talk] Taking a stand

Michael Larkin larkinml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 11:14:35 UTC 2018

  Mozilla has set up a facility for people to phone MEP s to object to
changes
attached link

Michael Larkin

MEPs are voting on the new copyright proposals next week in the full EU
plenary session.

Make a call
<https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=e7747769063d95c00322d1a936e749919b5965c81d696e0e72edc0efd6a4fac8b9430572249c967c7f3673053c1988a4aee9eee1a913c2b5>

Hey Michael,

Members of European Parliament (MEPs) are voting next week on whether or
not to reject the new copyright proposals that could deal a hammer blow to
the open internet in Europe.

Earlier this year, the huge grassroots movement of people mobilising
together led to MEPs listening to the voices of everyday citizens. Due to
your pressure, they voted down proposals that would have given corporations
the power to determine what we could or couldn't do on the internet with
our own content.

*Now, we need your help again.*

MEPs place a high value on calls from constituents. So we're planning to
contact a select group of key MEPs — and we want to know if you could make
a quick call too.

We've developed a free calling tool — all you need to do is add your phone
number, and we'll call you back and connect you to an MEP with what to say.

Make a call
<https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=e7747769063d95c0b06af9e685dff45fe1125d653e1fb8789a6e0e206af16e49b10ee856458a148b1c5e2643ae31a5220890e1b329001b67>

Make a personal call to an MEP now.
<https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=e7747769063d95c03285a22d482ab20549a26dc70a080b2d3cae6360f609230c70b7a4bead6f41342d9f299a6585c9e28f41a32658f9fc36>

It's vital that we act together now.

If MEPs hear from enough of us in the next few days, they may back away
from adopting these dangerous proposals to their copyright plans.

*So, will you join us?*

Thanks for your help protecting a free and open internet,

Jon and the Mozilla team

Connect with us