[Osmf-talk] Local Chapter application - Ireland

Manfred A. Reiter ma.reiter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 12:29:38 UTC 2019

Steve,

as long as I searched on OSM, I couldn't find an "Irish Free State" in
OpenStreetMap. Probably the Brexit polymic you wanted.
Imho one should refrain from such a polemic. What are these politically
colored remarks for?

I have looked at the documents of the colleagues of Ireland and cannot find
a word about what could be interpreted as domination over anybody or
anything.

Quite the contrary: The IRL-OSM Community has made different options
available to NI mappers including one where they offer help you/them set up
a chapter independent of them if you/they want to.

cheers

Am Fr., 23. Aug. 2019 um 02:15 Uhr schrieb Steve Doerr <
doerr.stephen at gmail.com>:

> Completely unacceptable. The scope needs to be limited to the Irish Free
> State, aka Irish Republic. There can be no question of a local 'chapter'
> that presumes to include Northern Ireland as part of an entity dominated by
> the Irish Republic.
>
> On 22/08/2019 19:23, Heather Leson wrote:
>
> Dear OSMF
>
> The OSM community in Ireland has submitted an application to be a local
> chapter.
>
> Please provide any input by Thursday, September 5, 2019.  The board
> welcome input on this list or to the board directly.
>

> Details:
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Local_Chapters
>
> Thank you to the Ireland team for this submission.
>
> Heather
>
> --
> Secretary
> OpenStreetMap Foundation
>
> Name & Registered Office:
> OpenStreetMap Foundation
> St John's Innovation Centre
> Cowley Road
> Cambridge
> CB4 0WS
> United Kingdom
> A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales.
> Registration No. 05912761.

> <#m_914407820288810681_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

## Manfred Reiter - -
## www.weeklyOSM.eu
## https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/EuYoutH_OSM
## https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/EuYoutH_OSM/Saarburg