[Osmf-talk] voting fraud

Ivo Stankov ivo at e-stankov.com
Sun Feb 3 23:04:32 UTC 2019

On 2/3/19 6:46 PM, Steve Friedl wrote:

> But those members are the vehicle by which attempted election
> manipulation has made itself known, and OSMF cannot use an honorable
> (but misguided) concern for innocent members to mask a response to a bad
> corporate actor in our community.
>
>   * The GL employees/members are not the bad guys (except for a few in
>     the know)
>   * The MWG are not the bad guys.
>   * The OSMF board are not the bad guys.
>   * Those in GL management who tried to game an election and lie about
>     it are the bad guys.

Couldn't agree more.

Since the position of the wider OSM community is also being asked for.
Here is mine:

Generally, it should be clear that the OSMF membership should consist of
free-willed, civic-minded individuals and not of stooges.

It is clear that these 100 sign-ups were initiated not by the
individuals behind the e-mail addresses but by a company that is neither
cooperative with the MWG, nor forthright about its motives.

To me it is absolutely self-evident that the OSMF must cancel these fake
memberships.