[Osmf-talk] Help: Using OSM as a personal GIS

Craig Allan allan at iafrica.com
Thu Feb 7 06:34:49 UTC 2019

Hi List

Help. I have someone using OSM for personal GIS work.  They are
apparently doing rural planning and maybe EIA analysis. The problem is
that they are adding (planned?) features that do not exist on any of the
photos and apparently falsely tagging to ensure a pretty rendering.
This has been going on for years, but my tolerance has now snapped.

How do we deal firmly with these things? There are age, race and gender
matters at play too, so very sensitive help is needed.

If someone can help to point me at the most diplomatic solution, please
write back off-list. This topic will not benefit from the usual flame-wars.

Craig