[Osmf-talk] Help: Using OSM as a personal GIS

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:41:27 UTC 2019

Craig,

did you try to contact the mappers via private messages? Normally one
would contact them via changeset comments, but I have the impression
that you prefer not to follow that path.
In such a message you could tell them that such information does not
belong in OSM and point them to alternatives, e.q. QGIS using an OSM
base layer and a layer with their information.

The data working group will typically do the same, but they can help
you with reverting the changes, although you are free to do that
yourself. Note that the data will then still be in the several OSM
Database dumps and in the full-history database.

good luck

regards