[Osmf-talk] Board response: Disputed Area Policy (Crimea request)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Feb 7 08:59:45 UTC 2019

On 07/02/2019 08:46, Heather Leson wrote:

> At the same time, we have seen that that in the concrete case of Crimea,
> making an *exception* from this rule was the option that caused the
> least strife in the OSM community.

If the new goal is going to be "least strife" then that is essentially
admitting that the group that shouts loudest will win in future?

So basically you're inviting every group with a dispute to make a
nuisance of themselves in every communication channel we have because
that is the way they will "win" if causing "strife" is the goal.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/